- For Filling:
- 8 cups fresh sliced peaches (free stone peaches)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Dash of fresh grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all of the filling ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix.
Pour the filling ingredients into a 9 by13-inch baking pan and set aside while making the topping.
In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles large peas. Stir in the egg. Distribute the topping evenly over the peaches in the baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.