Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
- Special equipment: a muffin tin with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups and paper liners
To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
Beat together peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture, then mix until just combined.
Divide batter among lined muffin cups (about two-thirds full) and bake in middle of oven until pale golden and a tester inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Turn cupcakes out onto a rack and cool completely.
To thicken icing to spreading consistency quickly, spread it on a metal baking sheet and chill until thick and glossy, about 5 minutes. Scrape icing back into bowl and stir until smooth. Spread icing on cupcakes and sprinkle with peanuts.
* If you aren't pressed for time, chill icing in bowl, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes before spreading on cupcakes.
* Iced cupcakes keep, chilled in an airtight container, 3 days.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting, Espresso Dark Brownie Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Fudge Frosting, Chocolate Porter Cupcakes, Porter Ganache, Caramel Corn Crunch, Toasted Meringue, Apple Fritter Recipes, Bananas Foster Recipes, Zabaglione Recipes, Fruit Cheesecake Recipes, Italian Dessert, Carrot Cake Recipes