- 1½ cups (216 g) roasted, salted peanuts
- 1½ cups (205 g) roasted, salted cashews
1. Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low laboring sound. Stop machine.
5. Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
If using dry roasted nuts, you may need to add oil. Begin with 3 Tablespoons (30 ml) and add more if necessary.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Dietary Interest: vegetarian, gluten-free, low cholesterol, low sodium, no added sugar, vegan