- 2 1/2 pound chicken tenders or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thick fingers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups Planter's Peanuts
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- Additional salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Season the tenders with salt, pepper and paprika. Place in a large bowl or in a large plastic bag with a zip-lock closure. Add buttermilk, mix well and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or for up to one day in advance refrigerated.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with foil. Lightly oil the foil.
4. Place the flour in a separate bowl. Beat the eggs until frothy in another bowl. Working with one tender at a time, lift the fingers to drain off excess buttermilk and roll in the flour, making sure it is thoroughly coated. Transfer to the bowl with the egg and turn to coat. Roll in the Planter's Peanut mixture until completely coated. Place on the baking sheets and bake, turning once, until firm to the touch and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.