Pecan Crusted Trout
- Pecan Trout Crust:
- 1 cup lightly toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 4 trout fillets
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- Horseradish Cream, recipe follows
- Watercress Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1 head watercress lettuce, bottoms removed
- 1/2 apple, cored and sliced into 1/2 moons
- 1/4 pound fresh horseradish root, peeled, coarsely grated
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons apple cider
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted walnut oil
- Horseradish Cream:
- 1 cup reduced heavy cream, 3 cups reduced to 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons jarred horseradish, strained
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
To make the pecan crusted trout:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Combine all of the dry ingredients, seasonings, and herbs. Brush each trout fillet with the softened butter. Sprinkle the buttered side of each trout fillet with the pecan crust and press firmly with your hand to completely cover each fillet.
Brush a cookie sheet with the remaining butter. Place the un-breaded side of the trout down on the buttered cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the flesh is firm and flaky.
To make the watercress salad and apple cider vinaigrette:
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, the apple slices, and the grated horseradish root. In a separate bowl, combine the cider vinegar, lemon juice, minced shallot, ground fennel seed, salt and pepper. Then whisk in the apple cider, olive oil, and walnut oil. Dress salad with the vinaigrette.
To make the horseradish cream: Chill the reduced heavy cream until cold and thick. Combine all ingredients and gently mix. Keep cold until it goes on warm fish to keep from breaking.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.