- 5 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 12 tablespoons lightly salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pre-baked pie shell
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread 1/2 cup of the pecans on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant. Let cool. (Do not turn the oven off.) Put the cooled nuts in a food processor or blender and process until smooth and buttery. Scrape the nut paste into a large bowl. Add the flour and work it in with a fork until completely incorporated. Set aside.
Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie shell. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is slightly puffed and the crust is golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.