Penne and Vegetable Salad with Indonesian Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound penne, cooked al dente
- 1 carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced thin diagonally
- 1/2 large seedless cucumber, quartered lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin diagonally
- 4 scallions, cut diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Indonesian Peanut Sauce, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch turmeric
In a saucepan of boiling salted water blanch the beans for 1 minute. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well and add to the penne with the carrot, cucumber, and scallions. Just before serving, add the sauce and sprinkle with the peanuts.
In a blender or food processor blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.