Penne with Spiced Tuna Sauce
- 12 ounces penne, cooked until al dente
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 small whole dried hot red pepper
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped
- 1 small red and yellow bell pepper, finely julienned
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Two 6-oz cans tuna fish, packed in oil, drained and crumbled
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley for garnish
Boil pasta until al dente. Saute onions in olive oil for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add hot pepper, anchovies and whisk in until anchovies dissolve into a paste. Add peppers and celery and saute for 5 minutes or until tender but still somewhat crunchy. Stir in capers and tuna and cook just to warm the tuna through. Season to taste with salt; remove hot pepper; add black pepper if you wish. Drain pasta and return to pasta pot; add sauce and toss; transfer to serving bowl & garnish with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.