Pepper, Ham, and Potato Hash Browns
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound (2 large) baking potatoes, like russets, baked, cooled, stored in fridge over night, peeled, and cut into small dice
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 red or bell green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cooked and finely diced ham
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fried eggs, for garnish
- Baked Potatoes:
- 4 large baking potatoes, like russets
Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Add the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring until tender. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and add the butter and the ham to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally until the ham is golden. Add the potatoes and vegetables back to the pan, and heat until crispy. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, top each portion with a fried egg.Baked Potatoes:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes, prick them with a knife in a few places, and roast on the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour, or until they are very tender.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.