Peppercorn Rubbed and Grilled Flat Iron Steak
- 4 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppercorns
- 6 (4-ounce) flat iron steaks ( flank steak can be used as a substitute)
- Kosher salt
- Chopped fresh rosemary leaves, for garnish (about 2 sprigs)
Mix black pepper and allspice together. Set aside. Rub the chopped green peppercorns into both sides of the steaks. Sprinkle the pepper and allspice mixture on both sides of the steaks, to taste. Put the steaks in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Remove from refrigerator and salt, to taste. Let stand for about 1/2 hour at room temperature before grilling. An oven broiler can also be used. Cook to desired doneness. Remove from heat and let stand for at least 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped rosemary and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Epcot Catering
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray