Peppery Coleslaw with Orange Chili Vinaigrette
- 1 (16-ounce) bag 3-color slaw mix
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Orange Chili Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot chili oil
In a medium serving bowl, combine the slaw mix and the peppers. Just before serving, add the Orange Chili Vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
Orange Chili Vinaigrette:
In the container of an electric blender, combine the orange zest, orange juice, lime juice, mustard, sugar, cumin, salt, and pepper and process until smooth. With the blender running, add the oils in a slow, steady stream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Thank you! your flag was submitted.