Pescado al Carbon: Grilled Fish with Salsa Fresca
- 4 cups diced plum tomatoes (about 12 medium plum tomatoes)
- 2 cups finely chopped onion (about 2 medium onions)
- 1 cup cilantro finely chopped (about 2 bunches)
- 2 tablespoons serrano chiles finely chopped (6 serrano chiles or 2 jalapenos)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 medium avocados, peeled, seeded, small dice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 fish fillets (Tilapia, Mahi Mahi, Red snapper, Grouper, etc)
- Olive oil
- Assorted grilled vegetables, optional serving suggestion
- Cooked rice, optional serving suggestion
Mix tomatoes, onions, cilantro, serrano chiles, extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, avocados together in a large bowl. Adjust seasonings with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let the flavors come together at room temperature for about 1 hour.
Prepare grill and when coals are ready, coat fish fillets with olive oil, salt and fresh pepper and grill about 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Plate fish and top with salsa. Serve with grilled vegetables of your choice and rice.