- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) swordfish or similar fish steaks, such as mako, or tuna, cut 1-inch thick
- 4 firm, ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Lemon wedges, as an accompaniment
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl whisk together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. In a shallow dish coat the fish steaks with the mixture and let marinate, covered and chilled, for 15 minutes. Arrange the fish in a foil lined baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish is just cooked. In a bowl toss the tomatoes with the basil and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the fish to serving plates and top each with some of the tomato/basil salad. Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy Padma Lakshmi