- 1 lb. corkscrew pasta
- Kosher salt
- 4-oz. jar sun-dried tomato halves, drained and cut in 1/4" slices
- half a16-oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto (recipe follows)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted in a skillet until lightly browned
- 1/4 cup manchego cheese, cut in pieces
- 3 cups basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
PASTA: Put broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with two tablespoons of water, cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir once half way through cooking time. Remove, drain and set aside.
Boil pasta in plenty of salted water until al dente. Reserve one cup cooking water, drain pasta and set aside. Return pasta to cooking pot and stir in sun-dried tomatoes, pesto sauce and broccoli. Add warm pasta cooking water and stir just until sauce is evenly distributed (you may not use all the water). Serve immediately.
PESTO: Pulse garlic, pine nuts and manchego cheese until coarsely chopped, about the size of peas. Add basil leaves and pulse briefly to combine. With food processor running, add oil gradually in a thin stream to make a smooth paste. Add salt to taste.