Pheasant Breasts with Pomegranate Glaze
- 2 cups pomegranate juice (recommended: POM)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pheasant breasts (removed from bone with skin and wing attached)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat it over medium heat.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Pat the pheasant breasts dry with paper towels and season them well with salt and pepper, to taste.
Put the breasts, skin side down, into the pan and cook until crispy, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Reheat the glaze.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Stuart O'Keeffe, 2010
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Aida Mollenkamp