Philippine Stir-Fried Rice Noodles: Pansit Grisado
- 4 ounces soy oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 ounces julienned Spanish onion
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2 inch strips
- 4 ounces soy sauce
- 2 pints white chicken stock
- 1/2 ounce oyster sauce
- 14 ounces carrots, washed, peeled and cut julienne
- 14 ounces green cabbage, washed and finely cut chiffonade
- 8 ounces Chinese sausage, cut into narrow strips, about 1 1/2 inches long
- 1 pound rice noodles, soaked in warm water (to cover) for 20 minutes
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 3 scallions, washed, trimmed, and coarsely chopped, as a garnish
- 2 lemons, washed, tips cut off, sliced into wedges, as a garnish
In a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and stir-fry until translucent.
Add pork and sear. Add soy sauce, chicken stock, oyster sauce, carrots, celery, cabbage, and sausage to wok. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are al dente and wok is almost dry.
Drain rice noodles, stir into wok and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium-low heat with meat and vegetables.
Season, to taste, and serve immediately on a warmed plate. Garnish with scallions and a lemon wedge.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.