Phyllo Tartlets with Smoke Salmon Rillettes
- 24 servings
- 100 phyllo tartlett shells
- 1 side smoked salmon, minced
- 1 small red onion, chopped fine
- 1 bunch chives, chopped very fine
- 1 cup capers, rough chopped
- 2 cups aioli
- 1 jar domestic osetra caviar
- 2 cups plain yogurt, drained
- 2 Tbs. fresh dill, chopped fine
- fresh juice from 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- dill to garnish
Preheat oven to 400F. Place tartlett shells on a sheet tray and bake until golden brown. Let cool.
Mince salmon in a food processor. In a medium bowl, mix salmon, onion, chives, capers, aioli and a touch of lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until use.
In a small bowl, mix yogurt, dill, lemon, salt and pepper. To serve, fill each shell with a spoon of salmon mixture. Top with a refined amount of caviar and tiny dollop of yogurt. Garnish with dainty dill sprig.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Irvine