- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Begin by heating a medium Dutch oven over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and the ground beef; be sure to distribute it evenly throughout the pan. Allow to brown on the bottom without moving it for 5 minutes. As the meat begins to loose its red tint start mixing in onion, peppers, garlic, bay leaves and cumin. Let it cook for 7 minutes until the vegetables become translucent. Then add olives, almonds, raisins, tomato paste and parsley. Make sure to mix it thoroughly with a spoon so that the tomato paste is well incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.