- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 thin slices ginger root
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean pork, sliced thinly
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp bagoong alamang (fermented shrimp paste)
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 -6 Asian eggplants, sliced
- 1 -2 bitter melon
- 1/4 lb okra, fresh or frozen, stems removed
- 1/4 lb long beans, quartered
Slice bitter melon lengthwise; remove seeds and white center. Slice in 2-inch pieces. Heat oil in large pot. Saute garlic, ginger, and onions until tender. Add pork and saute until browned. Add tomatoes and bagoong alamang, and cook for 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil. Stir in eggplant, bitter melon, okra and long beans. Simmer for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.