- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/4 cup crushed fresh pineapple
- 1 teaspoon stripped fresh thyme
- Salt and a small pinch dried Scotch Bonnet chile, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon demerara sugar
- 6 tablespoon dark rum (the amount will vary depending on the thickness desired)
Grind the mustard seeds in a mortar and pestle or a spice mill. Place the ground mustard seeds in a bowl with enough water to moisten and allow them to sit for 10 minutes. Replace the soaked seeds in the mortar or the bowl of a food processor and process with the remaining ingredients until the desired consistency is reached. Spoon the mustard into a small jar and cover tightly. The mustard should sit for at least 2 weeks before use.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.