Pink Grapefruit Cupcakes with Guava Truffle Cookies and Rosewater Frosting
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 extra-large whole eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grapefruit oil
- 3 tablespoons grapefruit zest
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup grapefruit juice
- Guava Truffle Cookies, recipe follows
- Rosewater Frosting, recipe follows
- Guava Truffle Cookie:
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla sandwich wafer cookies, finely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons guava extract, divided
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
- Rosewater Frosting:
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 1/8 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 to 8 teaspoons cream, as needed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line mini cupcake pans with cupcake liners.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, and then stir in the grapefruit oil and grapefruit zest. Stir in the vegetable oil. Fold in the flour mixture, alternating with the grapefruit juice.
Fill the cupcake liners about two-thirds full. Put in a piece of Guava Truffle Cookie in each cup. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, 9 to 12 minutes. Cool completely, and then frost with Rosewater Frosting and enjoy!Guava Truffle Cookie:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine the cookie crumbs and salt with the melted butter and 1 teaspoon guava extract. Press into the bottom of a greased 13 by 9-inch pan. Bake for 8 minutes and let cool. Melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk together until completely melted and combined. Stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons guava extract. Pour over the cookie crust and let cool.Rosewater Frosting:
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Dorothy Tong, Cupcake Wars, 2010