Pink Potato Salad
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 (15-ounce) can sliced beets, drained and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- Peanut oil, for frying
Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
Fry potatoes in batches for 5 minutes or until fork tender and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon or spider and place on a paper towel lined sheet tray.
Place the warm potatoes in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Mix mayonnaise, Dijon, lemon juice and parsley together in a small bowl. Fold in beets and red onion. Pour dressing over the potatoes and toss until coated.