Pizzoccheri and Crab Salad
- 3/4 pound pizzoccheri noodles (buckwheat) or Japanese buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, regular or low fat
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup (packed) parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped (seeds and all)
- 8 to 12 ounces (net) lump crabmeat picked over or cooked shrimp, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 ears fresh corn, steamed, kernels removed
- Lime wedges
- More chives for garnish if you wish
Boil the pasta until al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
In the bottom of a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise with the lime juice, parsley and chives. Season well with salt and pepper.
Add the tomatoes and seafood.
When the pasta is done, drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry. Add to the mixing bowl and combine.
Serve with fresh steamed corn, off the cob, sprinkled over the salad with chives if you wish and more lime wedges.
Recipe Courtesy of �Michelle Urvater