- 1 green plantain peeled and sliced crosswise into very thin slices
- 2 cups canola oil
Place oil in a deep stainless steel pot and heat to 350 degrees F. Place chips in the hot oil and fry until crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with salt while still warm.
- 1/4 pound fresh bay scallops
- 2 limes, zested, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 habanero pepper, diced fine (for less heat use a milder pepper like poblano or jalapeno)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pimento seed or allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
In a stainless steel bowl mix all ingredients together until well incorporated and season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator for 2 hours to marinate.
To serve, lay plantain chips individually on a platter and top with 1 scallop. Garnish each 1 with a cilantro leaf.