Poached Eggs in Chile Broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, roasted
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled and julienned
- 2 poblano chiles, roasted, seeded, peeled and julienned
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Anejo cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In blender place tomatoes and 1 cup chicken stock. Puree until smooth. Reserve. In large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute with salt and pepper until golden brown, about 10 - 12 minutes. Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add red peppers, poblanos, tomato puree and remaining stock. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Poach eggs in broth and cook 4 -6 minutes, basting the tops occasionally with hot broth. With slotted spoon remove eggs and place in soup bowl. Ladle broth over eggs and garnish with grated cheese and sour cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.