Italian Stuffed Jalapenos
- 15 jalapenos, preferably red, cut in 1/2, seeded and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Minced chives
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. Add onions, peppers, garlic and sausage and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then add mascarpone, and Parmesan. Mix ingredients thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into each jalapeno half, and top with 1/2 teaspoon of mozzarella cheese.
Place the sheet tray of stuffed peppers in oven and bake for 5 minutes or until mozzarella cheese melts.
Garnish with minced chives and Parmesan.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.