- 1 (6-ounce) tuna fillet (sushi or sashimi quality)
- Alaea (Hawaiian red salt)
- 1/4 cup dried ogo (seaweed)
- 2 shallot cloves, chopped
- 2 or 3 scallions, white and tender green parts only, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-ounce inamona (roasted crushed kukui nut seed of the candlenut tree) or 1 1/2 ounces crushed
Cut the raw tuna in tiny cubes. Season, to taste, with alaea. Chop the ogo and add to the tuna along with garlic, scallions, and crushed red pepper. Garnish with inamona or cashews. Toss and serve cold on demitasse spoons or on crackers.