- 1 cup diced very fresh ahi tuna, cut into about 3/8 to 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ogo (seaweed)
- 2 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon shoyu
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro leaves
Combine patty ingredients and form 2 patties. Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Press patties in panko to coat on both sides. Gently place patties in pan and brown on both sides, keeping the inside of the patties medium rare.
To make sauce, saute mushrooms in butter for 2 minutes. Add remaining sauce ingredients and cook for 1 minute. Pour sauce over patties and serve as pupu or appetizer.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.