Polipo alla Triestina
- 1 1/2 lbs. braised octopus
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 tbs. spoons olive oil
- 12 Ruby potatoes skin on (boiled, slightly cooled and cut in half)
- 3 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups small colorful tomatoes ( cherry/grape/heirloom)
- 1 bunch chives or scallions
- 1 lemon
- 2 heavy bottomed skillet or saute pan, 12 inch in diameter with covers
Cut the tentacles away where they join the head, clean the octopus head by squeezing out the core with your fingers and cut the head into thin slices. Cut the tentacles into 1 inch pieces. In the meantime warm some olive oil in the skillet. Once the oil is hot add the octopus pieces, cover for about a minute and then saute until crispy. Remove from pan and gently toss the tentacles with the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the vinegar, onion and tomatoes and continue to gently toss to coat well. Toss in some chives and plate on desired vessel, sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.