- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 thin slice onion, peeled or approximately 1 tablespoon chopped
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select Variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 1 minute, then reduce speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug.
5. Add poppy seeds through the lid plug opening. Continue to blend for 5 more seconds.
6. Pour into one-quart microwaveable bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on High. Whisk to keep mixture smooth.
7. Microwave an additional 2 minutes.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Dietary Interest: vegetarian, gluten-free, low cholesterol, low fat, vegan