- Salsa Verde:
- 3 cups loosely packed fresh Italian parsley leaves (from about 1 very large bunch)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 drained anchovy fillets, chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- For assembly:
- 8 pieces flatbread
- 1/3 cup Salsa Verde
- 2/3 pound sliced porchetta
- 8 slices fontina
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
Special equipment: Panini pressFor the Salsa Verde:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, tossing until thoroughly mixed.For Assembly:
Lightly toast the flatbread in oven. Smear 4 of the flatbread pieces with 1/3 cup Salsa Verde. Layer with sliced porchetta, fontina, arugula and onions. Cover with remaining flatbreqd. Press in Panini press until melted. Serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.