Pork and Potatoes with Orange Juice and Cola
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, cut in large dice
- 2 poblano chiles, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into large dice
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups cola
- Serving suggestion: Yellow rice and wilted fresh spinach leaves
Season the pork with salt, to taste, and lightly the dust the cubes with flour.
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or a medium-size heavy pot over high heat. Add the pork and potatoes to the hot oil and saute until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add the onion, poblano chiles, and bell pepper. Continue cooking until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the orange juice and cola. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced to sauce consistency, 40 to 50 minutes. (If the sauce has not reduced in this time, strain and reduce the liquid separately over high heat until thickened.)
Before serving, reseason with salt, if necessary. Accompany the stew with yellow rice and wilted fresh spinach leaves.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.