Pork and Sweet Potatoes over Rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into a 1/2 by 3-inch julienne
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch julienne
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/8 by 3-inch julienne
- 1 large sweet red pepper, ribs, and seeds removed, cut into 3/8 by 3-inch julienne
- 1/2 pound snowpea, trimmed
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch diagonals
- Cooked white rice
In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Saute pork, browning on all sides. When browned, remove with slotted spoon and set aside. In same pan and oil, saute yellow onion until golden brown. Add sweet potatoes and sweet peppers to sauteed onions and continue to saute an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until vegetables begin to soften. Add additional oil if necessary.
Add sauteed pork and snow peas to sauteed vegetables in pan. Stir cornstarch mixture to blend and pour over pork and vegetable mixture. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, becomes glossy, and coats the pork and vegetables. Add scallions and toss to combine.
Serve over cooked white rice.
Cook's Note: This recipe can be prepared 1 or 2 days ahead of time and be held in the refrigerator. Reheat gently in the microwave until very hot throughout and serve over cooked rice. Or, freeze to keep on hand for company. Best if thawed in refrigerator for 24 hours prior to reheating. This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork-Sweet Potato Quesadillas, All-Day Roast Pork, Spicy Apple Chutney, Mashed Citrus Sweet Potatoes, Sauteed Chard, Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes, Fried Rice Recipes, Cucumber, Brussels Sprout, Rice Casserole Recipes, Saffron Rice Recipes, Collard Greens