Pork Belly Po' Boy
- 3 pounds pork belly, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salt, plus more for seasoning
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Six 6-inch French baguettes, halved horizontally and toasted
- Louisiana-style hot sauce, for spreading
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
Heat peanut oil in a fryer or large pot to 350 degrees F. Gently place handfuls of the rendered pork belly into the fryer until golden crispiness, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the mayonnaise and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread a hefty portion onto the bottom baguette halves, followed by a little squirt of the hot sauce. Top with a handful of chopped lettuce, a couple slices of dill pickles and the fried pork belly. Finish with another heavy drizzle of the mayonnaise-maple mixture. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.