Pork Belly Po' Boy
- 3 pounds pork belly, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup salt, plus more for seasoning
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Six 6-inch French baguettes, halved horizontally and toasted
- Louisiana-style hot sauce, for spreading
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
Heat peanut oil in a fryer or large pot to 350 degrees F. Gently place handfuls of the rendered pork belly into the fryer until golden crispiness, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Mix the mayonnaise and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread a hefty portion onto the bottom baguette halves, followed by a little squirt of the hot sauce. Top with a handful of chopped lettuce, a couple slices of dill pickles and the fried pork belly. Finish with another heavy drizzle of the mayonnaise-maple mixture. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.