Pork Chops, Golden Apple and Raisin Sauce, Whole Wheat Pasta Mac-n-Cheddar
- 1/2 pound whole wheat shells or penne pasta
- 4 golden apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup cloudy apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- A handful golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large center cut pork loin chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 rounded tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound extra-sharp white cheddar
- A few grates nutmeg, to taste
- Dash hot sauce
- 2 cups broccoli tops, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown or grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Heat a large pot of water for pasta. Season water with salt and cook pasta to al dente.
Add apples to a medium pot and stir in cider, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Place pot over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 12 minutes.
Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
While chops cook, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook a minute then whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper. Grate cheese and stir into sauce and season with nutmeg, to taste, and a dash of hot sauce. Reduce heat to low.
Add broccoli to pasta last 2 minutes of cook time. Drain and return to pasta pot. Add cheese sauce and stir to coat.
Add mustard and syrup to chops and glaze, 1 minute.
Serve pork with apple sauce, macaroni and cheddar with broccoli along side.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pork Chops in Creamy Champagne Sauce and Raisin Bread with Mascarpone and Pears, Apple and Onion-Stuffed Pork Chops with Orange-Pineapple Gravy, Pork Chops in Creamy Champagne Sauce with Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Pork Roast Recipes, Beets, Cucumber Recipes, Vegetable Soup Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Malaysian