Pork Chops with Mustard Crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups coarse rye bread crumbs (2 to 3 slices)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (3/4 to 1-inch thick) rib pork chops (2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then saute bread crumbs, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper, stirring, until crumbs are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer crumbs to a bowl and clean skillet.
Pat pork dry. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in skillet over moderately high heat, then brown chops in batches, turning over once, about 4 minutes. Transfer chops to a baking pan and spread tops with mustard and then bread crumbs. Roast in middle of oven until meat is just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
Recipe courtesy of Michael Chiarello