Pork Chops with Orange Soy Glaze and Udon Noodles
- 4 pork loin chops, about 5 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 12 ounces udon noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season both sides of pork with salt and black pepper. Add pork to the skillet and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
In a medium bowl, using a spoon, combine orange marmalade, broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well and add to the pork in the pan. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, or until pork is cooked through and sauce thickens and reduces. Arrange noodles on a serving platter. Top with pork chops and sauce. Garnish with scallions just before serving.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller 2007