Pork Roast Stuffed with Apricots and Prunes
- 1 whole center-cut boneless pork loin (about 4 to 5 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) jar apricot chutney
- 1 (16-ounce) box dried apricots
- 2 (16-ounce) boxes dried prunes
- Equipment: Butchers' twine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Clean pork loin removing any excess fat. butterfly the pork loin (1/2-inch thick). Lay the pork, cut-side up, season with salt and pepper, and rub liberally with the apricot chutney. Place a layer of apricots and prunes on the flattened loin. Roll tightly and tie with twine at 1/2-inch intervals.
Place the pork in a roasting pan fitted with a rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 to 150 degrees F, about 15 minutes per pound. Transfer the pork to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Recipe courtesy of Theo Weening, Whole Foods Market