Pork Roast Stuffed with Apricots and Prunes
- 1 whole center-cut boneless pork loin (about 4 to 5 pounds)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) jar apricot chutney
- 1 (16-ounce) box dried apricots
- 2 (16-ounce) boxes dried prunes
- Equipment: Butchers' twine
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Clean pork loin removing any excess fat. butterfly the pork loin (1/2-inch thick). Lay the pork, cut-side up, season with salt and pepper, and rub liberally with the apricot chutney. Place a layer of apricots and prunes on the flattened loin. Roll tightly and tie with twine at 1/2-inch intervals.
Place the pork in a roasting pan fitted with a rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 to 150 degrees F, about 15 minutes per pound. Transfer the pork to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Recipe courtesy of Theo Weening, Whole Foods Market
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen