Pork Schnitzel with Chanterelle Mushrooms
- 2 (3-ounce) pork cutlets, pounded thin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Breadcrumbs, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 3 slices smoked bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 3/4 pounds chanterelle mushrooms, chopped if large
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Pat cutlets dry. Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs. In a large skillet, add clarified butter and saute cutlets on both sides until golden brown and crunchy. Drain on paper towels, keep warm.
In a separate skillet over high heat, cook the bacon and the onions until they both start to brown. Add mustard and capers. Add a small lump of butter to the mix and immediately add the chanterelles. As the mushrooms begin to absorb the butter, add just enough cream to cover the bottom of the pan. Simmer sauce to reduce slightly. Add more mustard or capers as needed.
To serve, spoon sauce over browned schnitzels.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.