Porotos Mixtos: Mixed Bean Stew
- 1 pound dried black eyed peas, soaked overnight in the refrigerator
- 3/4 pound large dice pumpkin
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 1 red pepper, small dice
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 10 basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Paprika Oil, recipe follows
- Paprika Oil:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons paprika
In a saute pan, render bacon. Add onions, peppers, and carrots. Cook until translucent. Add to the bean mixture. Cook for around 15 minutes.
In a blender, puree corn and basil. Add the mixture to the beans and cook for 15 minutes, stirring continuously. Season. Serve with paprika oil.Paprika Oil:
Heat up the oil and cook the garlic. Strain. Add paprika. Cool.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.