- 1 pint slow cooked tomato sauce (recommended: FreshDirect)
- 1 grilled flat bread (recommended: FreshDirect)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 package sliced portobello mushrooms (or 3 loose portobello mushrooms)
- 1/2 pint green basil and pignoli pesto (recommended: FreshDirect)
- Dried oregano, salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Ladle a hearty portion of tomato sauce (2/3 cup) and spread evenly onto the flatbread.
Layer big meaty Portobello mushroom slices in a sun-burst design. Complete by drizzling a generous amount of pesto on top. Sprinkle with dried oregano, salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned and the crust is crispy.
Serve with a smooth red wine such as Frey Vineyards Organic Sangiovese.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.