Pot Au Feu
- 16 cups cold water
- 2 pound soup bones, well rinsed
- 3 pounds marrow bones, trimmed of fat and meat
- 4 ounces ice water
- 3 pounds stewing beef, cut into 2 by 1 by 1-inch strips
- Bouquet Garni (1 bay leaf, 4 stalks parsley, 1 (3-inch) piece celery)
- 1 turnip, blanched, roughly sliced
- 4 carrots, roughly sliced
- 8 ounces leeks, roughly sliced
- 1 pound potatoes, roughly sliced
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small cabbage head, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Bring water to boil in large pot. Add soup and marrow bones and simmer 3 hours, skimming frequently, adding ice water occasionally to aid skimming. Add beef and herbs and simmer 1 more hour.
Remove bones and discard. Boil stock and add the turnip, carrots, leeks and potatoes. Pierce onions with cloves and add to pot. Skewer garlic clove with pick and add to pot. Add salt and pepper and let cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cabbage and coriander; cook 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.