- 1/4 cup garlic cloves
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup dried fruits, such as apricots, cherries, or raisins
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, minced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 pounds pork butt, cubed
- Round wonton wrappers
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Peanut oil, for frying
- Dipping sauce, recipe follows
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions or green onions
- Large pinch sugar
In a blender, combine garlic and ginger. Turn on machine and slowly pour the peanut oil and process to a puree. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir together and marinate for 1 hour. Pass mixture through medium dye in the meat grinder. Transfer to an electric standing mixer and using the paddle, on slow speed, mix until emulsified.
Make the pot stickers. Separate the wonton wrappers and brush edges with egg wash. Place a generous spoonful of the filling and seal the edges, making small folds in the rounded side, starting from the center, and folding down to each end to create a half moon shape. Continue until you have used up the filling. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
Cook pot stickers in small batches in boiling, salted water. Drain. Heat a non-stick saute pan with peanut oil and sear until golden on the bottom. Remove and serve with dipping sauce.Dipping Sauce:
Combine all ingredients and whisk together. Serve as dipping sauce for pot stickers.
Yield: approximately 1 1/2 cups dipping sauce
Thank you! your flag was submitted.