- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/2 cup finely sliced onions cooked in 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Black Forest ham cut into fine dice
- 4 ounces grated Swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup half and half or light cream
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
A handful at a time, squeeze out the water from the potatoes and stir the potatoes into the eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan. Dot with butter and bake for 40 or 45 minutes or until top is nicely browned.
Serve hot or warm with a green been salad.