Potato Salad with Green Beans and Pesto
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red new potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- Kosher salt
- 4 ounces fresh basil leaves (4 cups loosely packed basil)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pine nuts
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed, cut into half
Place the potatoes into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add a big pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or a spider to remove the potatoes to a bowl. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes longer.
Add the basil, olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic and some salt and pepper to a bowl of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Add the pesto to the still-warm potatoes and toss all together. Drain the green beans into a colander in the sink and rinse to stop the cooking. Add to the bowl. Serve warm or chilled. Can be made 1 day ahead.