Potato-Stuffed Flat Bread
Recipe by Joey Altman, Copyright 2001
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- Potato Filling, recipe follows
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- Potato Filling:
- 1 potato, baked, cooled, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
Sift the flour with the salt, and knead into a soft dough by adding the yogurt, butter, and water.
Cover with a moist cloth and let rise for 1/2 an hour.
Meanwhile, combine ingredients for the potato filling in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
Place the potato filling in the center of 4 of them, cover with the remaining disks, and roll out into a 4 to 5 inch discs. Brush the breads with soft butter.
Place the stuffed breads on non-stick or well-seasoned cast iron pan on medium-high heat. They can also be cooked on a charcoal grill or pancake griddle. Cook till both sides are golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.