Pressed Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Chocolate Ganache, recipe follows
- Royal Icing, recipe follows
- Assorted colored sanding sugars
- Special equipment: pressed cookie baking sheet molds
1. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together into a medium bowl. Beat the butter and sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Beat in the peanut butter and egg. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture to make a smooth dough. Scrape the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, flatten into a disk, wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
2. Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325°F. Spray the pressed cookie sheet molds with nonstick spray. Press the dough evenly into the molds; the molds should be three-quarters full.
3. Bake until the edges are golden, about 9 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies remain in the molds for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining dough.
4. Decorate the cookies as desired with Chocolate Ganache, Royal Icing and sanding sugars.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.