Primavera Pasta with Red Fish (Triglia)
- 1 1/2 onions, chopped
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pound red fish, cleaned and scaled
- 1 pound fettucine pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup diced zucchini, cooked in water until tender
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fava beans, cooked in water until tender
- 1 pound asparagus, bottoms snapped off and blanched
- 1/4 cup tomato concasse
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped parsley
Boil 1 1/2 quarts of water with 1 onion, celery, carrot and a little salt. Bring to boil. Add fish and cook for 5 minutes. Drain fish and keep liquid. Strain liquid. Remove head, tail and bones from fish. Flake meat into pieces. Cook pasta.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to saute pan. Add garlic and remaining chopped onion to oil. Add fish and saute gently for 1 minute. Add white wine. Reduce until all wine has evaporated. Add the 2 remaining tablespoons oil to another pan and saute zucchini and mushrooms until almost tender. Add to pan with fish along with fava beans, asparagus and tomato. Quickly toss. Add in a little stock, pepper flakes and parsley. Toss with pasta and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.