- 2 hard rolls
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted black olives, tapenade, or black olive paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- 4 to 6 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
- Slivers of roasted red pepper or pimiento
- Sprigs of parsley
Split rolls in half and score them with a sharp knife to make craters for dressing to seep into.
Make dressing with olive paste, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with olive oil.
Spoon dressing into rolls, top with roast beef, sliced tomato and sprigs of parsley. Drizzle on more dressing and top with pimiento.