Pump-Up-the-Jam Cocktail Weenies
- 14 hot dogs with about 40 calories and 1 gram of fat or less each
- 3/4 cup very finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chili sauce (the kind found by the ketchup)
- 3/4 cup low-sugar grape preserves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Special equipment: crock pot
Cut each hot dog into thirds, leaving you with cocktail-sized franks. Place in the crock pot. Add onion to the crock pot as well.
In a bowl, combine chili sauce, preserves, and mustard; mix well. Add to the crock pot and gently mix to coat.
Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
Stir well and then serve up the hot dogs with extra sauce on top!
PER SERVING (3 cocktail weenies with sauce): 88 calories, 1g fat, 692mg sodium, 14.5g carbs, 0g fiber, 8.5g sugars, 5.5g protein
2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.